Blimey it has been a while since I've been on here...I've been busy, busy, busy.
I assume other people have been having the same problems with Blogger that I have as well....sometimes I have a followers list..... sometimes not. Sometimes I can get to someones blog,.....sometimes not. Sometimes I can post a comment.....sometimes not. I guess they are doing some updating. Infuriating when you only have short periods of time to sit and read blogs.
Anyhow, I am still working on commissions but nothing to show as yet.
It has been slow going as I've been having some real problems with glue. I am using and doing the same as I always have but it just ain't gluing right. The only difference has been the heat...we've been pretty hot here of late...getting up to 109 F (43C) so the air conditioning has been on constantly. This is obviously drying the air out and affecting the glue :-(
I have also been doing some painting....real life size painting on canvas.
This is the inspiration photo for our bedroom. Our bedroom will be Japanese themed so I can display all the lovely things Mick bought me from Japan :-) I will make the bedding once I can find the right fabric.
I wanted some art to hang above the bed that was similar to the pattern on the duvet here.
And this is what I did. The canvas is 4 feet x 3 feet.
I have to say I really enjoyed painting. Unfortunately my shoulder was not as impressed :-( I only did this in half hour spurts between making minis but it was really quick to do.
I had a number of paint samples I'd bought from the DIY store to test on the walls. The sample pots here are so big that I had loads left over. I wanted an dark aged effect as my background so used them to paint the canvas. I used 4 shades.... amber, gold, ochre, and tan and just kinda rolled them around with a plastic bag. I actually love the effect I got....so much so that I'll do this on my walls :-) The flowers and branches are in artists acrylic.
At one point I made a mistake on a flower and wiped it down with a damp washcloth. I loved the way it removed some of the paint and gave it a worn look....so I went ahead and wiped paint off all the flowers :-) Probably not a real artist technique but I love the effect.
I am no Michelangelo but considering this is the very first time I've painted anything I am very pleased with myself.
See the flower in the top right corner....that was the first one I did and I changed the shape of the others. I've decided to leave that mistake there to remind me this was my first try.
Now I have art exactly how I want it, all for just the cost of a canvas....using a Michael's 40% off coupon of course :-)